Friday, December 30, 2011

Daily Grindhouse Decrees Dead Hooker as the Best Film of the Year!!


"HEY BASTARDS.

Damn. Was this a good year for film or what? There were easily 20 or so other films I could have tossed up here but I went with the tried and true formula of the Top 10. Now, the rules of the game; The Best Film of The Year was given to the film we were most impressed with, the one we couldn’t wait to watch again, the one that smacked us square in the geek. As for the other 9, they’re in no order of importance although I will say the last film on the list will be in heavy rotation for a long, long time. Now let’s get ramblin’ and see what kind of trouble
"



I read on and I see DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK. I look to see where I am on the list. I stare. If I had a higher fibre diet and took better care of myself, I would have shit my pants. Daily Grindhouse which has been a staple in our household for the flicks we love has just bestowed the biggest motherfucking honour by dubbing DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK the Best Film of the Year. These guys know their flicks, we adore their taste, and now I have the biggest fangirl grin on my face that has no hope of leaving.


"Jen and Sylvia Soska created an ambitious film that gave the finger to popular DIY convention. DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK is 100% exploitation that knows its roots but never relies solely on the shock of the situations. It knows it’s force but doesn’t stand around for 90 minutes beating you up and leaving you bleeding on the road. It’s a well-balanced film that clicks along at a fast clip, using dialogue like bullets, never wasting a single moment."


In case I was a bit subtle earlier. I love the team at Daily Grindhouse. If this is the first you are hearing of them, you're welcome for the intro and I apologize for the hours you will spend like a bewitched zombie reading their articles and falling more deeply in love with your favourite flicks and finding new ones to obsess over. Click here to catch up on wicked interactions with DG.

"The Soska twins know their film history; they know what works and what doesn’t work. They have studied people like Robert Rodriguez and have taken notes about how to get the most bang out of your independent buck, and this bastard looks like a million dollars. DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK has been watched at DG HQ 3 times now and each time it gets better and better. Each time something else is picked up that I dig even more than the viewing before. This film is a fucking blast and I can’t wait to see AMERICAN MARY, the Twisted Twins follow up to DHIAT. They just bought themselves some giant shoes to fill."


Jen and I cannot thank you enough for this. When we created DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK it was so that it would be seen by a group of people like you that grew up on the flicks we did and wanted to have some insane fun back in their flicks. I am so happy that we did not disappoint and we promise you this - AMERICAN MARY is going to be like nothing you've ever seen before, in the most best of ways.


Now, dear reader, who is fucking radcore for reading these blogs (like a boss), read the entire article here and check the 9 Other Flicks That You Need To See, if you missed them, you totally have some catching up to do! It's like homework except it doesn't suck ass - quite the opposite.

~Sylv

No comments:

Post a Comment