Wednesday, January 11, 2012

DEAD HOOKER makes More Horror's Top 5 of 2011


Jason Lees, we love you, too. Jason has written a radcore list of his top 5 films of 2011. And what lands a film on that epic list? Unforgettability. Yeah, that is SO actually a word. And we love More Horror. Seriously, you should check that shit out. It is rad.

"The following films are ones that may have snuck out prior to last year but are ones that I just got around to seeing. And when I say “top” I mean they’re the ones that stood out the most. I bet there were some better films released last year, but when I looked back, these are the ones that really burned themselves into my psyche." ~ Jason Lees, More Horror

And guess who's on that list? DEAD HOOKER IN A TRUNK is #1. Okay, so it's a list that is in NO particular order, but, fuck it, we'll take it anyway ;)

"DEAD HOOKER needs to be better known, and I know I’m preaching to the converted here, but it’s the kind of film we need more of, especially today with all the problems we have with mass produced remakes and cookie cutter mainstream mush. DEAD HOOKER isn’t trying to re-invent the wheel, it just does. Love this film." ~ Jason Lees, More Horror

Also on that list? DRIVE ANGRY. And what does DRIVE ANGRY have that gets us all excited? OTHER than Nicolas Cage (who, at present, may or may not be a 300 year old vampire, I shit you not)?

Brian Pearson, one of the top directors of photography anywhere, shot that bad boy and, man, does he shoot things sexy as hell. Brian's also the director of photography in our upcoming AMERICAN MARY so get ready for awesome~y awesome~ness galore.

Check out Jason's FULL LIST HERE!!


And for all you Nick Cage fans out there, here is the greatest Nick Cage video of all time. A personal favorite.

**WARNING** Watching this video may make you fall hopelessly in love with Nick Cage. Watch at your own discretion. Anyone with a heart condition must leave the room.



XO,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. I loved Drive Angry, it was a lot of fun. Surprisingly it was a movie from Todd Farmer that I liked (My Bloody Valentine 3D was a bore)

    ReplyDelete