Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thank You, Eli



"bordensisters asked 
Do you think there is room in the horror world for female writers and stories, given that women seem to love the genre? Would you consider ushering in more female voices as a producer? 
Eli Roth answered 
Absolutely. I encourage it. I would love that. It's what the genre needs. I've been very supportive of the Soska sisters who made American Mary which just came out in the UK. I've worked closely with them as a friend and mentor. 
What makes the genre interesting is the difference of range and opinion. Often horror directors get together and there's very few women – and we wish there were more. Generally I make movie's based on ideas I respond to – so it's the ideas not the gender. But in general I think the genre really needs it."

CHECK OUT THE WHOLE ARTICLE HERE.


-Sylv

No comments:

Post a Comment