Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Dread Central Talks to Mary


Dread Central: Because of Mary's 'hobbies,' your character gets to have a lot of gory fun but also probably required you to train a little to get some of the medical procedure techniques right I would imagine. How much preparation did you have to do going into American Mary and did you enjoy getting messy for the role?
Katharine Isabelle: Oh yeah, all that stuff was so much fun too- I had a blast doing all the gory stuff and when I bludgeoned the security guard, that's actually my friend so that moment was fun in a lot of other ways for me too (laughs). The great thing about genre movies is that they often allow you the chance to do things or experience things you never would in normal life, and that includes body modification for me. That wasn’t something I was knowledgeable about at all and the Soskas were so sweet about immersing me in this world which can be scary to people who nothing about it. The thing I also really appreciated about American Mary is that both Jen and Sylvia handled the body modification elements with such respect and a lot of filmmakers probably wouldn't have done that; at least not the way they did. 
But I did get to do a lot of suturing, that's something that Russ Foxx helped me out with. I'm a pro at suturing a turkey now (laughs).

READ THE WHOLE INTERVIEW HERE!!

-Sylv

No comments:

Post a Comment